Race Terms & Conditions
This is a copy of the terms and conditions you agree to whenever you book a DalesRunner race on SiEntries, we have popped it on the website for reference.
Race Terms & Conditions
I accept the following terms for my own entry. I also accept the terms on behalf of any other participants I am entering in this event, all of whom have been provided with a copy of these terms and accept them:
- I declare that the information on this form is complete and correct. I understand and agree that I participate in this event at my own risk and that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards. I am aware that the function of the marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide if the movement is safe.
- I agree that no liability whatsoever shall be attached to the promoter, promoting club, meeting sponsor(s) or member of the promoting club in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by me on or by reason of the event, however caused.
- Where courses are advertised as “fully marked” I understand that circumstances beyond the race organisers control may result in course markers being moved. I agree to study the route in advance and understand that the full route is provided on the event website.
- I consent to publication of my name, club, race category, race number, finishing time and race position in race pre-entry and results lists.
- I understand that there are photographers on the course and that photographs taken during the race may be used by DalesRunner for publicity purposes.
When paying for your entry you will be given the opportunity to protect yourself against not being able to run for numerous reasons. This covers you for personal cancellation when the race still goes ahead. This is optional and costs you an additional 8.5%. This insurance is via a third party and not DalesRunner and any claims should be made directly to them.
We do not offer refunds. However, if you are unable to run we offer the following options:
- Up to 2 weeks before the race date we will defer your entry to next year’s race.
- Up to 1 week before the race date we will allow you to transfer your entry to another person via SI Entries.
- If you discover you are pregnant, we will provide a refund excluding the cost of “booking protect”.
In entering this event you agree to abide by the following event Code of Conduct:
- Close all gates and leave no litter.
- Carry the mandatory race kit.
- Be polite to our marshals, first aiders and members of staff, these people are volunteering their free time to assist you in reaching the finish line and are doing everything they can to get you there.
- Do not rely on marshals, photographer’s or other staff persons to direct you on your course. It is YOUR responsibility to know your course and follow the course signs.
- Remember to always remain on the designated marked trails, no short cutting.
- Poles are allowed (but probably not necessary), please be conscious of where you’re pointing them.
- Our courses includes single track. If you are attempting to pass, please alert the runner in front of you before flying past them. Likewise, if you hear a runner approaching you from behind, attempt to find a spot to allow the runner to pass.
- As a general rule, when passing a runner, announce, 'on your left' (as appropriate).
- Uphill runners/hikers have the right of way to downhill runners. Remain in control as you descend and respect the other runners.
- Everyone is after the same goal here so let’s be respectful of each other’s races and have fun.